For the first time in almost twenty years, the NSO will perform a free concert in the Great Upper Church at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, led by Music Director Gianandrea Noseda. The NSO is committed to engaging all communities across Washington, D.C. Sharing live classical music is at the heart of their mission – music is for everyone, regardless of age, background or zip code.
The NSO Community Concert series aims to create excitement and appreciation for live symphonic music, engage and inspire audiences of the future, and ensure that all Washington, D.C. residents have access to participating in the arts.
National Symphony Orchestra: Community Concert at the Basilica
- Location: Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- Address: 400 Michigan Avenue, NE, Washington, D.C. 20017
- Date: Friday, May 31, 2019
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Performance Duration: 65-70 minutes, with no intermission
- Cost: Free
- WAGNER: Prelude and Liebestod from Tristan und Isolde
- SAINT-SAËNS: Slow movement from the Organ Symphony
- HOLST: “Venus” from The Planets
- DEBUSSY: Clair de lune, arr. Caplet
- RESPIGHI: Ancient Airs and Dances Suite No.2